In this chapter
This chapter covers streams, which are the interface between ntservice and the applications.
Streams are used for all communication between the driver software and the applications, not only for network traffic. This results in five types of streams:
- Network streams are used for receiving and transmitting data packets or segments.
- The configuration stream is used for reading and writing configuration parameters from and to the driver software.
- The information stream is used for reading information about the system.
- The event stream is used for getting events when things happen in the system.
- The statistics stream is used for statistics and counters from the SmartNIC.
This figure illustrates the use of streams.