About this task
To start using the SmartNIC:
- Turn off the server in which to install the SmartNIC.
Install the SmartNIC in an empty PCI Express slot in the unpowered server following the procedures in these documents:
- NT200A02-SCC: DN-1169
- NT200A02-NEBS: DN-1200
- NT200A01-SCC: DN-1016
- NT200A01-NEBS: DN-1017
- NT200C01-SCC: DN-0848
- NT200C01-NEBS: DN-0896
- NT100E3-1-PTP: DN-0848
- NT100E3-1-PTP-NEBS: DN-0896
- NT80E3-2-PTP and NT80E3-2-PTP-8×10/2×40: DN-0980
- NT80E3-2-PTP-NEBS and NT80E3-2-PTP-NEBS-8×10/2×40: DN-0981
- NT40A01-SCC: DN-0954
- NT40A01-NEBS: DN-0955
- NT40E3-4-PTP: DN-0797
- NT40E3-4-PTP-NEBS: DN-0897
- NT20E3-2-PTP: DN-0904
- NT20E3-2-PTP-NEBS: DN-0905
The documents can be found on docs.napatech.com (the Napatech Documentation Portal).Note: The ports with the highest numbers are the ones closest to the PCI connector, and the ports with the lowest numbers are the ones furthest away.
- Before plugging in the server, check that the power requirements are compatible with the local power supply.
- Download the product package from supportportal.napatech.com (the Napatech Support Portal).
For Linux, install all of the contents of the product package in one
operation by running the
(located in the root directory of the unpacked product package file):
- Refer to the documents described in Documents for further information.