There are a number of prerequisites for installing Napatech Link™ Capture Software for use with Intel® PAC A10 GX. You can then prepare the server for installation, and install the Napatech Link™ Capture Software.
- Your Intel platform is from the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family or higher. This is because we require support for PCIe Access Control Services (ACS).
- You have installed RHEL/CentOS 7.4 or later.
Use the lsb_release command to check the operating system release.Install lsb_release and check your release version:
sudo yum install redhat-lsb lsb_release -dYou will see output similar to this:
Description: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
- You have installed one or more Intel® PAC A10 GX acceleration
Use the lscpi command to list the installed Intel® PAC A10 GX acceleration cards and Napatech SmartNICs.Install pciutils and check the installed cards:
sudo yum install pciutils lspci -nn |grep -E '(8086:09c4|18f4:)'You will see output similar to this:
04:00.0 Processing accelerators : Intel Corporation Device [8086:09c4] 82:00.0 Network controller : Napatech A/S NT40E3-4-PTP Network Adapter 4x10Gb [18f4:0145]
- You have installed the QSFP+ 40G pluggables, optionally with breakout cables to 4×10G, in each Intel® PAC A10 GX acceleration card.
Preparing the server for installation of Napatech Link™ Capture Software
Installing Napatech Link™ Capture Software
- Install Napatech Link™ Capture Software: Installing Napatech Link™ Capture Software
- Select 4×10G or 1×40G loadable AFU image: Selecting 1×40G or 4×10G
- Request license keys: Requesting the License Key for Napatech Link™ Capture Software
- Install license keys: Installing the License Key for Napatech Link™ Capture Software