If you sign up and create an account in the Documentation Portal, you can use extended features like saving and following searches, and the ability to create and share your own PDFs.
Signing up and logging in
- Click Sign Up from the toolbar.Note: If you are a Napatech employee, you do not need to sign up. Just click Sign In from the toolbar, on the next screen select the key icon , and sign in with your usual Napatech credentials.
- Enter your name, email address and password in the relevant fields. Note: Make sure you meet the password guidelines. The interface will guide you to ensure you create a suitable password.
- Click Sign Up. An email is sent to the email address you provided.
- Click the link in the email and a browser window opens, activating your Documentation Portal account.
- Enter your password and you are ready to go.
- Next time that you log in, just click Sign In and add your details.
- Bookmarks: Click to bookmark a topic. You can color code your bookmarks. A new tab Bookmarks appears in the book, showing the bookmarks you have.
- Personal books: Click to view and create new personal books. See Using Personal Books for more information.
- Alerts: Click to view and edit alerts you have. See Saving a search for more information.
- Logout: to log out of your account.
Book and topic features
A number of features are available when you are in a book or topic:
: Click to add a bookmark to the topic that you are in.
: Click to add a topic, or set of topics to a personal book. See Using Personal Books for more information.
: Click to send feedback directly to the documentation team.
: Click to copy and share the URL of the topic.
Alerts and scopes
- Perform a normal search, for example, by entering a keyword into the search bar, or by selecting a filter.
- From the left side margin, click:
You can choose to share the search as a link, or to create an alert. Click An alert, add a name for the alert and a description, and Save.Note: You can add multiple filters to the search, alongside your keywords.
- By default, the search is Active, so that you receive a weekly email digest if a new topic is added, or an existing topic is modified that meets your search criteria. You can also edit or delete the saved search.
- In My Account > Alerts, if you click the saved search title, the search is run, and the name of the search is displayed, for example, Linux installation:
- Perform a normal search by selecting one of more filters (for example, Platform: Intel PAC).
- Click from the left margin and Create.
- The filters you selected are displayed as the scope that will be applied. Add a name to identify the scope, and Save.
- Next time you click My scopes you will see your saved scope, and can click it to apply the filter or filters.
Using personal books
Personal books are a powerful way of taking parts of the documentation and merging them with content of your own. You can share personal books externally, and download them as HTML or PDF output. You can create an empty personal book from My account, or from a topic when you first decide to create a book. We will walk you through the second method.
- Open a topic that you want to add to your personal book, and click
- From the dialog, choose whether you want to add This topic only or
A set of topics. By default, only the topic you selected is chosen,
but you can choose as many topics from a book as you wish.
- Select New book to create a new book, or add to an existing personal book.
- Keep adding content from different search results until you are happy with the contents of your personal book, and click OK.
- Click My Account > Personal books from the toolbar, and click your book title to view and manage your personal book.
- From the toolbar, click to edit a topic in your book. As you scroll down your book, you can edit each
topic individually. Use these icons available from the left margin:
Icon Description Edit the personal book. Click:
- Write a topic to create your own content in the book. This might be some notes relevant to your organization's setup. This content belongs to you, and is stored with your personal profile in the Doc Portal.
- Edit properties to change the title or description of the book.
- Edit Table of Contents to reorder the topics or delete a topic.
- Click the trashcan to remove a book completely.
Export your book to HTML or PDF format, and to share your book externally. If you choose to share, a unique URL is displayed that you can share with others.Note: We recommend that you do not include confidential information in shared content (for example, in any of the topics that you have added to your book), as anyone that you share this URL with can read the topics that you have created. Hides or shows the table of contents. Minimizes the icons in the left margin.