This shows how to quickly bring up a proof-of-concept OpenStack environment on multiple nodes using the Packstack installation utility.
This figure shows an example of a VXLAN network topology for a minimal production setup.
This figure shows an example of a VLAN network topology for a minimal production setup.
- Director node: Runs the deployment tool for installing OpenStack on multiple nodes. It accesses the remote servers (the controller and compute nodes) to run scripts, install RPM packages and configure network interfaces.
- Controller node: Runs most of the shared OpenStack services and other tools.
- Compute nodes: Run guest instances.
- 8 CPU cores
- 16 Gbytes RAM
- 200 Gbytes hard disk space for the root partition
- Two network interfaces
|Flavor||Number of vCPUs||Disk (GBytes)||RAM (MBytes)|
- 8 vCPUs
- 160 Gbytes hard disk space for the root partition
- 17 Gbytes memory