In this chapter
This chapter covers streams, which are the interface between ntservice and the applications in Napatech Software Suite.
Streams are used for all communication between Napatech Software Suite and the applications, not only for network traffic. This results in Napatech Software Suite having 5 types of streams:
- Network streams are used for receiving and transmitting data packets or segments.
- The configuration stream is used for reading and writing configuration parameters from and to Napatech Software Suite.
- The information stream is used for reading information about the system.
- The event stream is used for getting events when things happen in the system.
- The statistics stream is used for statistics and counters from the accelerator.
This figure illustrates the use of streams.