About this task
Note: Throughout the PDF documents, links are indicated by the color blue, except in the table of contents, where all the text is black although all topics are links.
To search for keywords in PDF files in a directory structure:
- In Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat), select Advanced Search in the Edit menu.
In the Search window:
- Select All PDF Documents in, and click Browse for Location... in the drop-down list.
- Specify a keyword.
In the Browse For Folder window:
- Select the directory containing the PDF files.
- Click OK.
- In the Search window, click Search.
- Click the resulting hyperlinks to jump to the exact locations of the keyword.