Actions are performed on receipt of a packet. Multiple actions are possible.
Actions are split into Fast Path and Slow Path activities:
- Fast Path:
- Drop: Each received packet can be dropped. Statistics can be counted.
- Fast Forward: Each received packet can be forwarded to any other port, or multiple ports. Statistics can be counted.
- Slow Path:
- Load Balancing to Host: Each received packet can be load-balanced to any of the
128 queues.This feature can be based on one of two criteria that ensure that all packets belonging to the same flow go to the same queue. You can set up either:
- A category-defined hash value that ensures efficient load distribution, or
- Flow metadata that enables the application to override which queue will handle a specific flow to allow for load balancing and distribution. This can also be used to make sure that control and data plane flows go to the same queue
- Load Balancing to Host: Each received packet can be load-balanced to any of the 128 queues.