Set up your Linux environment and install the Napatech software.
Before you begin
For each host, make sure that you have:
- A working Linux environment, with the following packages installed:
Note: Only Linux installations are supported.
- Linux kernel 4.18 or newer
- Linux kernel headers
- Python 2.7 or newer
- gcc 4.9 or newer
- make (gnu)
- The Link-Virtualization™ Software package,
- DPDK with the Napatech PMD
- OVS with the Napatech modifications
Ensure that the required packages are installed.
This is an example of the commands to install these prerequisites on CentOS 8.
dnf group install "Development Tools" dnf install kernel-devel numactl numactl-devel
Install the Napatech Link-Virtualization™ Software by
extracting the distribution package.
tar zxf ntvrt_package_<version>.tar.gzwhere:
- version is the Link-Virtualization™ Software version identifier.
This is an example command:
tar zxf ntvrt_package_4.5.0-linux.tar.gz