The Napatech stateful flow management supports a wide range of features and capabilities.
Supported speeds and flow capacities
- NT200A02: 2 × 100 Gbit/s, 2 × 40 Gbit/s or 8 × 10 Gbit/s wire speed processing.
- NT100A01: 4 × 25/10 Gbit/s or 4 × 10/1 Gbit/s wire speed processing.
- The flow table capacity: 140 M bidirectional flows on NT200A02 (64-byte flow records, using the default 10.5 Gbytes in the onboard SDRAM), 90 M bidirectional flows on NT100A01 (64-byte flow records, using the default 7 Gbytes in the onboard SDRAM).
- Between 85 M and 130 M lookups per second (LPS), depending on the level of metrics collection.
Other supported features
- Learning rate exceeds 1 M flows/s using 1 CPU core and reaches a maximum just above 3 M flows/s using multiple CPU cores.
- Based on fast DMA access.
- Support for up to 256 RX network streams per system performing learning in parallel.
- Distribute traffic to a maximum of 128 host buffers per SmartNIC.
- Full stateful operation with flow-record updates on a per-frame basis.
- Flow termination based on TCP state, timeout or application.
- Flow info records can be generated. The application can use flow info records generating NetFlow/IPFIX.
- Flow info record generation can be enabled on a per-flow basis.
- Zero packet loss. Frames that cannot be looked up by the SmartNIC can be handled in the application.
- Fast path forward latency is below 3.5 µs.
Software and API support
Napatech stateful flow management provides the software packages including the driver and Napatech proprietary API as well as sample applications.